Fall 2 2021 Favorite quotes and moments

What are your favorite moments from the event?

Signe: If this is how I go out then feel free to be disappointed. Still 1 out of 10 not very scary… The skull was nice though.

Regig: Are you disappointed in the obstacle course or yourself?
Signe: Both.

6 Likes

[Redacted due to alchemy secrets.]

The whole fantasy track suit conversation culminating with a line something like ‘he’s from South Central Oak Harbor’

Nuance can probably get the line more accurately than I remember.

Handing a group of players 12 fireball traps and giving infinite device/avoid trap to the true spies and scouts present is pretty great. There were many giggles had. Kudos to Declan and Vee for their many pratfalls as they stumbled their way through fireballs and popper traps.

3 Likes

Yoloing my way past three spriggans(?) to close a gate during the save the world fight was incredibly satisfying.

Also, random Sunday morning moment
Zelai: Hi, we’re back
Me: Hi, back
Zelai: a solid ten seconds of disappointed staring

5 Likes

After Signe dies on the obstacle course, the Gatekeeper gives her the usual re-buffs, plus 1 use of Avoid Trap.
Signe: Now I’m really temped to go try again. I won’t, but I’m really tempted.

6 Likes

Amos and Wilbur and the “Wake Up Wilbur” Tending song.

5 Likes

The Kraken: “Nerd!”
Several townsfolk: “he considers that a compliment”

3 Likes

Colin realizing that Laurenzo had more blades than him, and feeling the need to point out he was going to have to get more now…

4 Likes

Somehow forgot earlier but the fight over who got to death strike the Earth Drake during the mine mod on Sunday.

6 Likes

[Wizards are cornered by drakes deep in a mine, trying to fight their way out. Suddenly, Colin appears from behind them ]
Caius: How did he get here?! Does violence summon him?

7 Likes

Steal and Ember “sneaking” up the hill to trap Wilbur’s tent, only to discover it was occupied, but still planting a trap.

That was fun, and nerve-wracking :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Vigamor: “Thin the herd!”
Laurenzo: “Cull the weak!”
*What I can only assume was people glaring at him"
Laurenzo: “What? Its just sad when it goes unfinished”

“Can’t you see I’m on vacation? I have the traditional flower garland and ceremonial drinking vessel. It has a tiny umbrella. It’s fun. I’m fun.”

8 Likes

Shane: Odie, what color is your light?
Odie (light clearly purple): It’s blue, Shane. You know. From the runes.
Shane: That’s not blue
Odie: Sure it is. OK. Maybe it’s a little reddish. Because I’m a Mystic and Umbra is red. So red-blue.

later
Zelai: Odie, why is your light purple?
Shane: Oh, it’s not purple. It’s blue, because of the runes. and also red. Because she’s a mystic.
Zelai: Odie, what did you do?

Later still:
Odie: My light is purple, isn’t it?
Shane: Yeah
Odie: That’s why Zelai was so mad.

9 Likes

People thinking at first that my face exploding in blood was an OOG medical issue…

2 Likes

“Hydra eggs and mammal fetuses shouldn’t be kept so close together.”
“What makes you think the fetus is a mammal?”

6 Likes

“Herbert”: “My family is doing fine, thank you for asking.”

“What was lost.”

5 Likes

“Apparently I need to teach you to negotiate better. If you’re going to sell yourself to Void, at least demand a higher price.”
-Zevvi’s voicing concern for/commentary on the people who ate bone candy and got cursed

5 Likes

Related, and said to several people: “Your soul is worth more than candy.”

2 Likes

The conversation with Zelai, while we waited for the rest of the mod group to come back, about the ethics of him giving therapy to Shane. Not sure where that would have gone if the group hadn’t come back when they did, but it sure was interesting.

2 Likes