Spring 2 2019 Quotes / Highlights!

What were your favorite moments of this event?

Here’s one to start:
Omoira, to Slimey-the-grindelow: “All the people sitting at this table are friends, not food.” Looks pointedly at Zelai, who is standing.

6 Likes

Zevvi (extremely drunk): But I only care because I haven’t dropped the rune yet! No wait. That’s not right. That didn’t mean what I was trying to say. I mean that I can drop it, now, and that’s fine, but only because I haven’t dropped it.
Vai: I think… you’re trying to talk to me about runes.
Zevvi: I am. Why am I doing that? Bring me someone better! Florica’s right over-
Vai: I also think… you’re trying to talk to me about feelings.
Zevvi: horrified realization
Vai: I’m just going to practice my mindshield lesson, now. holds up hand between them, palm towards Zevvi, so they can’t see each other

5 Likes

At the final mod:

Vigamor: Thin the herd!

Oak Harbororians: Herd the sheep!

8 Likes

Chair-folk to Ralkurian:

“You’re adopted now, you’re Ralking chair!”

9 Likes

Shane (to kobolds): Which one of you is the chieftain?
Sean (as kobold, behind minions and next to a Basilisk): Me!
Shane: I declare chieftain challenge! Come out and fight me!
Sean: No! I chieftain! YOU come HERE for chieftain challenge!
Shane: No! YOU come HERE for chieftain challenge!
Sean: No! You come here for chieftain challenge!
Shane: No! You come here for chieftain challenge!
Omoira and Zevvi: quietly sweep up all the kobold traps as this continues for two solid minutes

7 Likes

Extra funny to me because when I came in Friday night:

Omoira: It was nice being away from Oak Harbor for awhile. I heard someone say “Thin the herd” once and nearly killed him. Turns out he was a shepherd. Still kept a close eye on him, just in case.

9 Likes

Fat beetle: Happily scurrying on the tavern floor
Florida (if I’m not mistaken): points out the bug
Stonedapple: Sees bug and points sharply toward door OUT!!

7 Likes

Florica: Marches up through the ranks to break a Vigamor chokepoint with Runic power, then marches back
Florica (to Zelai): You know, if you can just do one really clutch thing in a whole fight, everyone will be really impressed and you can just relax the rest of the time.

5 Likes

Everything about the “Tasty Table”

1 Like

Going through Odie’s tarot cards with Nem and Florica, trying to find the hottest people.

2 Likes

On how to prevent a Hound/Aldenberg blood feud:
Omoira: You could marry Leopold.
Zevvi: No! You can’t do that to me.
Omoira: Tess could marry Leopold?
Zevvi: No. You can’t do that to Leopold.

And everything about Baby Cain

5 Likes

The way Zelai teaching Shane about numbers somehow turned into a plan to go to Reverie to kill the number 1.

4 Likes

So long as this mod includes the song “1 is the loneliest number” playing constantly in the background

1 Like

There were no PC witnesses to this, but I have to share.
Saturday afternoon I woke up from a nap in the mages guild and was standing around in my socks figuring out who I was today when a mauler shoved the door open to look inside.
Unawake suddenly Eleanora SHRIEKED in suprise and rage, and grabbed my staff to fight.
The Mauler fell backwards out the door and stumbled.
I reached the door with staff and no boots.
“Are you ok?!”
“What the hell was that?! Are you ok? Ask HIM if HE’S ok?”
“Ah…sorry, are you ok?”
“Yeah”
“Ok, game on?”
Three Maulers run away from the mages guild.
Me, Standing on the doorstep in my socks, apparently ferocious: " …hey… "

5 Likes

You know that naming that unholy child just brings it that much closer to reality, right?

4 Likes

This was not my doing. I did not decide on this name.

That said… Zevvi would be horrified, but on a meta level I would find this plot fantastic.

1 Like

Oh, you’d better believe I am 100% PELing about it.

Because I am a sadist.

2 Likes

Friday night
Spencer (as Zevvi’s lawyer): So just don’t… commit any more murders or anything.

Saturday morning
Spencer (as fandalee): Does anyone want to compete? There are prizes.
Zevvi: Prizes? I’ll come.
Zevvi: (Upon realizing no one else followed) If no one else shows, do I get all the prizes?
Spencer (as fandalee): I’m sure other people will show up.
Zevvi: I could do something about that.
Spencer: (Fails to keep a straight face)

2 Likes

My memory is still fuzzy from lack of sleep but I know I tend: Awakened somebody’s skeleton at some point.

2 Likes

Spencer’s Fandalee NPC, reflecting on the Oak Harborians’ shenanigans during the sheep herding tournament: I…should have seen that coming. I’m not sure how I didn’t. I - I just…

5 Likes