Board Candidate Summer 2022: Sarah WM

Hi all, I’m Sarah Walden McGowan (she/her pronouns), and I’m running for a seat on the RFR Board. I’ve been playing Port Katherine since spring 2018 as Scrap Alize, and crunching Witchwood since fall 2018. This community has become an important part of my life, and I would love to be able to give back in a way that I think would suit my talents. I love the worlds that we have all built together playing pretend in the woods, and the Board plays an important role in keeping those worlds safe and fun both in and out of character.

In my day job I have been a digital librarian at an academic library for 9 years. This involves a lot of project management, collaborative team projects, and translating between various perspectives and constituencies. I’ve been running my department as interim head since last fall, which meant inheriting a team that had a lot of personality conflicts and mistrust. This has given me a lot of experience with conflict management, building trust, and moving projects forward despite those differences. I’m also the co-chair of our library’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee, and I’m committed to advocating for DEI principles and practices within RFR.

I’ll be at Port Katherine the weekend of June 10th, and I’m also reachable by Facebook Messenger, slack, discord, or forum message. Please reach out if you have any questions about my stance on any issues, or just want to chat to find out more about me!

3 Likes