Expanding the Spa

Hello Everyone I hope you are doing well Hello Everyone I hope you are doing well,

I want to thank you again for your efforts this past spring with the opening of the hot spring. My team has broken ground, and I expect the initial part of our work to be done in time for the fall. While we will be pleased to begin offering services then, I believe it is possible to reach new heights and offer an even greater variety of services.

This past Gather I had the pleasure of speaking with several members of the town about a few different proposals I had in mind. While the list below is not exhaustive, it does represent some of the initial ways I felt your skills could be applied for upcoming expansions. If you have any other proposals for how you feel your skills could be used to create a more therapeutic experience, or otherwise expand the renown of the spa and improve tourism for the town, please do not hesitate to let me know.

The first area I wish to discuss is the expansion of permanent fixtures for the spa. For these features, I want to explore improving the functionality of the spa through art, energy, and reputation. As this improves I hope to offer positions for those interested in helping to run the spa, and eventually give them responsibilities and skills they can share with the town.The current list is a mixture of initial concepts, and those already brought to me.

Permanent Fixtures:

Trophy Room

Request: Members of Oak Harbor have a history of coming up against the great and fantastical. I would like to recognize that by asking you to take trophies from your kills so that they may be noted, and displayed.

Reward: As the hunter behind this, your skill will be noted, and others may come seeking your help for greater hunts.

Parties who might be interested: All members of town

Sensory Garden

A beautiful garden of textures, smells, and sounds.

Parties who might be interested: Herbalists

Concept Lamp

Request: A concept lamp is a device that blends the firmament control of elements with the reverish concept of mirrors. Some of the fae have devices like this, and I wish to emulate that opulence and mystery.

Parties who might be interested: Fine Smiths

Leyline Enhancement

Request: If possible I would like to see if streamline and improve the leyline energy that the spa is built on. By doing so I hope to improve all other services as well as

By reconfiguring the energy moving into the spa, a greater level of relaxation can be gained.

Parties who might be interested: Wizards

Neutral Ground:

Request: I have spoken with some members of town about creating a space to serve a neutral ground between different groups who might otherwise struggle to come together.

Recommended by: Florica Petulengro di Romanza

Parties who might be interested: Those working in Contacts

I also wish to begin offering other services through my spa as well, and I would like to enlist your help in making that a reality. This is because I believe that the best services are those that are in demand. By involving yourselves in the creation of these services, I hope that they can be more unique, and something that you would truly hope to use. Given the nature of creating some of these experiences, they would only ever be available for a short time, but in the nature of this business, some things must always be kept fresh. While this does not mean they can never return, it is something to keep in mind. Below is a list of current proposed services I would like to see offered, as with before, any other ideas would be more than welcome.

Additional Services:

Acupuncture Needles

Request: I would like for you to create a set of needles for use in acupuncture.

Notice: Due to the expenditure of materials, keeping this service ongoing would require continual effort.

Effect: Dependent on Materials provided and the trial and error of those who help with initial treatments.

Parties who might be interested: Fine Smiths

Alternative Medicinal Treatments

Request: There is a growing interest in the medical properties of the different creatures of the realms. Collect and compile them so we can attempt to devise something new.

Notice: Due to the expenditure of materials, keeping this service ongoing would require continual effort.

Effect: Dependent on Materials provided and the trial and error of those who help with initial treatments.

Parties who might be interested: All members of town

Aromatherapy

Request: Blend together a variety of materials to make scent based treatments.

Parties who might be interested: Herbalists

Exhibition Swords

Request: As part of providing a wider and greater series of experiences at the spa, I would like to commission a set of sword augments. The intent would be for them to be used in a combat exhibition, or a more traditional sword dance.

Parties who might be interested: Weapon Smiths

Medicinal Baths

Request: In larger cities, some of the bathhouses use a sequence of baths at differing temperatures to create a therapeutic effect for those using this feature. I would like to see if it is possible to replicate this with a series of baths using alchemy.

Parties who might be interested: Alchemists

Pressure Point Massage Armor:

Request: I would like for you to create an armor augment that, when hit, applies pressure to a number of different points along the body.

Parties who might be interested: Armor Smiths

Sensory Deprivation Chamber

Request: I had heard that by stripping away all your senses it is possible to reach a state of meditative enlightenment. By using runes I believe that it might be possible to enable others to achieve this as well.

Parties who might be interested: Runecrafters

For those interested in these projects, but worried about funding, I am willing to provide a certain level if you approach me with a plan, and keep me updated on progress. For those who wish to receive compensation after completion of a goal that is possible as well, though I do ask that you let me know if you begin working towards any of these proposals.

Thank you and I look forward to working with you further,

Ridley Castagnier

((Clarify:

The permanent fixtures would count towards expanding the influence of the town, and the eventual creation of another town position. As with the different services on offer from the spa, further development of these would allow customization of what the town position could potentially do.

The idea behind the additional services is the idea of build-your-own buff. There are multiple ways any of these services can be achieved, allowing for a variety of possible outcomes, and part of the discovery process will be working out what might be created under the constraints of this specific proposal. Once created, these buffs would be available for a single event, where any player can take advantage of them while using the spa’s services. Players wanting to have that buff again would have put in the effort towards creating it again for use in a future gather.

Also, as noted above, these are not the only options available, merely the ones that came to mind when this was being designed. If your header or profession is not listed for a certain section, and you have an idea of how to link that to a therapeutic treatment, please feel free to pitch it.))

1 Like