Hello, Witchwood community!
Though we are sad to not be seeing each other in person this Fall, staff would like to announce the following socially distant events:
- Discord hangouts on Sat. 9/5 and Sat. 10/3
- Scavenger hunt, ongoing during the plague months
More details for each item are below.
Saturday, Sept 5th
The Annual Festival of Reverie
As per two years ago, we will have a fiber arts competition.
Prizes will be evaluated by Sei Ayame Riku di Romanza (or her delegate, if she is unavailable) and awarded for:
- Best technical work
- Most creative
- Judge’s favorite
Entries can be any kind of fiber arts. It must be a project that you start after the first time you read this announcement. One entry per person. Photo submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6am on September 5th.
Winners will be announced on Discord at 7 pm on the 5th.
During the rest of the evening, a weaver will be around reading fortunes (6-8 pm, with a break for the contest results at 7).
If you’ve never experienced tyromancy before, now is your chance!
Any other individuals skilled in divination are also invited to come tell fortunes.
At 8pm, festivities will move to the Fire Circle for stories and songs
During this time, a number of teachers may be around town. They will not be giving official Lessons, but they will be available to help people understand how the different systems work, and to assist with workshopping sample BGS submissions. They will be available to help both IC or OOC.
Saturday, October 3rd,
The Annual Velliar Symposium
Lectures will begin at 5 pm on Discord
Lecturer Strigford, Docent Astranta, and Docent Ibsen are likely to be in attendance.
Anyone else wishing to present should contact staff at email@example.com.
Sharing knowledge need not be limited to the Symposium. Individuals are also encouraged to share their knowledge (via text or video recording on the forums) at any time.
Anyone who does so should expect to receive helpful feedback from a University member with guidance on future research opportunities.
Once again, at 8pm, festivities will move to the Fire Circle for stories and songs
During this time, a number of teachers will again endeavor to be around town.
As Oak Harbor moves towards the Aesthesis, time and space act strangely. The Gatekeepers warn that you must not lose your way. They send word of several landmarks on the journey. If the people of Oak Harbor find these landmarks, and make it known to all of Reverie that they have done so, the realm will shift to allow easier passage to the Margins.
(OOG, this is a scavenger hunt to keep people engaged with Witchwood in the physical world while we are all still being socially distant. The goal is to have fun. You won’t be penalized for not doing these things. But you will be rewarded for doing them. To complete each item, post a picture of yourself in costume to the forums and/or the Facebook discussion group. Items can be completed multiple times, with a different person and/or a different place/situation. You don’t have to meet all the qualifications for any given item, just at least one of them. Non-true counts.)
- A Weaver/Lyra/Fandalee stands by a waterfall/river.
- A Wizard/Lothlan/Dwarf climbs a boulder.
- A Scout/Tattershawl/Agni Lana leaves a painted stone at a fork in a path.
- A Spy/Felicitoro/Wanderer picks up the same painted stone
- A Druid/Peleset/Daler climbs a tree.
- An Elf/Velliar/Galatura looks through a telescope or spyglass.
- A Mystic/Rune Mage/Davenstern puts a sealed letter in a mailbox.
- A Hurzicht/Kalmak/Smith burns the same paper in a campfire.
- A Soldier/Swashbuckler/Human shows off a great feat of strength or flexibility.
- An Alchemist/Herbalist shows off their vegetable chopping skills.
Rewards are as follows:
- If 6 pictures are posted, everyone starts the next in-person event with a Spirit Dart, courtesy of the Gatekeeper of Umbra
- If 12 pictures are posted, everyone starts the next in-person event with a Mindshield, courtesy of the Gatekeeper of Reverie.
- If 18 pictures are posted, everyone starts the next in-person event with a Scavenge component, courtesy of the Gatekeeper of Evren
- If 24 pictures are posted, everyone starts the next in-person event with a Spellshield, courtesy of the Gatekeeper of Firmament.
- If 30 pictures are posted, the Gatekeeper of Vigor will cause 6 quintessence shards to appear around Oak Harbor at the in-person event.
- If 36 pictures are posted, the Gatekeeper of Void will grant the town 1 favor.