Food at Game

I would like to have some feedback on food at the last event. What did you like? what did you not like? What would you like to see that was absent?

I only ask you keep in mind that we do this on a budget, and capping out makes it a little more difficult.

2 Likes

I’m a low meat person, I can only eat a small amount before it makes me sick. I appreciated that there were so many low meat/vegetarian options because it let me have actual options when eating, plus the pulled pork that I did eat since I had a low amount option for it was phenomenal.

Speaking personally rather than with any sort of staff hat.

Running out of food was tough. If there’s any way to scale up the amount slightly, I assume it would be super appreciated.

If there isn’t a table of allergens by allergen combo, we should make one, so that the issues with almond milk in the primary vegetarian option don’t happen again.

Run the pulled pork again, it was amazing and I would eat it every opportunity I could given the chance.

We will definitely scale up, Stefan (Laurenzo) is the only one that’s cooked at this scale (for those of us who cooked). So I will definitely be more conscious of that.

The pulled pork is nice because it’s just set up and let it cook for a long period of time, but it’s a pain to get my smoker on site. Not sure how often that one will happen, but I’ll try to do it. Maybe once a year.

There is an allergen spreadsheet. There was a snafu in the kitchen which caused us to have to change the menu at the last minute, which is how that happened. We will be more conscious of that in the future.

Awesome, good to hear. If there’s anything I can do to help with the smoker or something like that, just let me know.

I was DEEPLY appreciative of the vegetarian options at every meal, and of always having PB&J and grab-and-go snacks available. As David mentioned, some stuff ran out before I had my first serving (like the vegetable sides on Saturday night) but y’all are already aware of that so I’m not going to harp on it. I never felt like I was going hungry and everything I did eat was delicious, so thank you all!

Also, if you all could use more hands in the kitchen, I would 100% sign up for a shift either cooking/prep OR washing dishes; I was just never sure when it would be “too many cooks” in the kitchen so I was hesitant to distract whoever was in there asking if now was a good time to help. But if I can sign up in advance, I will excitedly do that.

1 Like

I’m also very appreciative of the vegetarian options! I wasn’t sure how things were going to go with the new system so I packed myself about a million snacks in case there was no food for me, but I barely had to dip into them.