#1: We are formally adopting the hand signals into the rulebook. See Thing we're trying out: non-verbal alternatives to 'caution' for a refresher.
#2: The cost of the Weakness spell is reduced to 1 CP.
#3: Weaver is restructured. The bulk of this post describes the changes:
- Subdue (3*)
- Silence (1)
- Dream (2)
- Sleep (2)
- Dream Token (2*)
- Slumber (3*)
- Mindshield (2)
- Unsilence (2)
New Call (active magic spell)
- Mindshield: Resist the next Silence or Sleep. If cast on you as a BGS, it will have some protection from offensive use of Dream. It is active until used. A Mindshield cast during the event expires at the end of the event; a Mindshield cast in BGS expires at the end of the BGS cycle.
Dream (2): You will receive staff-directed hints or clues, concerning yourself or people close to you, from the past, present, or future. More uses of this skill may increase the number of hints or their acuity, but they may still be enigmatic.
Dream Token (2*): You have a token as a magic focus item. You may choose its form/appearance, subject to staff approval. It must be ornamental (serve no other game purpose), and cannot be clothing.
- You can cast spells while holding it. It cannot be wielded as a weapon or shield.
Share Dream: You can share your dreams with other people:
- They can see and interpret the dreams.
- The dreams may be just as connected to them as they are to you. The more people involved, the more contexts the dreams might be affected by.
- You have no control over the Dream contents, unless you use a skill like Oracle.
- Oracle: You can specify a topic or topics for your Dream skills — this is a single BGS submission, even with multiple topics.
- The more Dream you have, the more specific you can get and the more topics you could have. Difficulty scales with the complexity of the topic, the complexity of the answer, and the distance (in space and relationships).
- Answers may still be enigmatic, and you cannot discover someone’s well-kept secrets.
Mindshield (2): You can call “Mindshield” once as a touch spell.
- You can also do this as a BGS to a willing target — you will start the next event with a Mindshield expended.
Racial Skill Changes
- Humans have a choice between 1 Sleep, 2 Silences, or 1 Dream. (Dream replaces Prophecy.)