Spring 2 2022 Favorite Moments and Quotes

What are your favorite moments from the event?

After Zevvi subdues Kauldon (me)
Roderago : It is a sign of affection really, you notice she didn’t assassinate him.
Vidgor : In some cultures, that is a marriage proposal.
(I do not remember who) : Zevvi, was that a marriage proposal?
Zevvi : Fuck no!
Vidgor : I did say some cultures.

Leopold trying to convince various NPCs to just go on each other’s mods and leave the PCs alone.

6 Likes

Odie took a whole bite out of an orange like it was an apple. I don’t have a quote about this, it was just generally horrifying

9 Likes

Sam and I were out as daydreams, and Mamma Kael told us it’s bad to set things on fire, so big brother Astrophel showed us how to set things on air.

8 Likes

Raf: Caius is “dad”, but Caius is also “daddy”

7 Likes

Also: getting everyone to dress up in Florica’s clothes because the Gatekeeper of Void said to dress in “formal wear”

12 Likes

I’m gonna frame this message and hang it on my wall

1 Like

Vai: we don’t have to go muster!
Odie: because Shane isn’t here!
Odie, Vai, Zevvi, Emmie: GIRLBOSS WEEKEND GIRLBOSS WEEKEND

7 Likes

“Raise your hand if you don’t have a Repose of Peace.”
(no one raises their hand)
“Ok, 3, 2, 1…”
Everyone: “Repose of Peace”
(disappointed Shades start hitting people)
“Ward, ward, ward, ward…”
Everyone starts doing their best Grindylow impression.
“Wa…rd!”

5 Likes

The Phoenix event was a big highlight for me. Leo’s exposition on -which- phoenix we were going after made me chuckle, the costume itself was super fucking cool, but my favorite part about it was this:

Phoenix: (dying) by the sound of my voice, all who can hear me: fireball.

A lot of people (in near perfect unison): Resist

4 Likes

You’ve found out how to easily assert dominance from now on.

2 Likes

Me to the would be assassin I potatoed: Kill you? No, that’s letting you off easy. I’ll drag you into town and out you so you can never work again.

Assassin: I’ll never tell …

About 25 feet from the group of towns people

Assassin: Fine, I’ll talk.

Same encounter, but during the walk towards town Colin describing how he was going to kill everyone this guy loves and then feed him to starving animals while he’s having upside down from a tree

Assassin: Wow, you’ve really put a lot of thought into this …

5 Likes

Ember, screaming chasing after an intimidated mist wolf: I WANNA EAT YOUR FLESH

It was in that moment that I realized that no matter how scary anything else that attacks Oak Harbour is nothing is as scary as the citizens of Oak Harbour themselves

6 Likes

Additionally, the mob of us walking to kill the gatekeeper of Evren, Ambrose asking us what we were doing.

The group, continuing to walk, responding rather cheerily: We’re going to kill the gatekeeper of Evren!
Ambrose, as we are walking away yelling after us: What? What the FUCK are you doing?

6 Likes

Erris being a freaking hero taking on 2 Death Spiders at once with a knife to save Porkchop (and me)

Showing up to the “Void Party” which was NOT a party, uninvited, with a pig in Florica’s hair net
Porkchop entered the party FABULOUSLY just as we trained to do. I had said in training “When the party turns bad, just leave immediately”.
Herbert says “This isn’t actually a party” and Porkchop dramatically stands, turns on his heel, and just fucking walks out like a boss ass pig

Florica: “I have nothing to sell at the art auction, I’m too busy with the baby”
Me: “You made the baby”
Florica (activating my trap card): “I don’t want to sell the baby”
Me:“What about a portrait that represents the baby but doesn’t give anyone rights to the baby, a non-fungible portrait?”

6 Likes

I remember being knocked down as one of the wolves and Ember running over and just making nom and other eating noises over me - no death strike or anything.

2 Likes

A-hem, you are forgetting,
Leopold: We should all repose
Patron Orfeo: Everyone, I have a brilliant idea! We should all repose
the Aldenbergs all clap adoringly

5 Likes

Erris will always get between death and the people she loves. And as a player I have NO idea where that amount of martial competency came from tbh so getting to be the BFH in that way was SO FUN.

3 Likes

Everything about The First Annual Oak Harbour Sausage Fest, but especially the following interaction between Ralk and Leopold:

Ralk, ostensibly talking about the key of his flute: I do love the D.

Leo: Well we ARE at sausage fest.

4 Likes

Ok but for real there were so many sex jokes at this event. Something in the air?

2 Likes

Odie: I do it to assert dominance
suggests Ember do it to get the taste of spicey out her mouth
Ember takes the tinest bite of orange peel
Ember has the Face of Regret

2 Likes