Steve Grabowski for RFR Board

Hello,

I am Steve Grabowski (They/Them), and I am running for a seat on the RFR Board. I played as Isaac Everhart in Port Katherine since game 1, played as Abida in Witchwood for several events in 2017/18, and have since been staffing and crunching for Witchwood whenever I get the chance. I am a member of the Mark of the Red Feather program and try to be available in that capacity at all RFR events I participate in. The people I have met, the games we play, and the stories we tell together are important and I will hold a special place in my heart them forever. With no exaggeration, this community has changed my life in ways I could not have imagined, and I would like to give back and contribute to it as much as I am given the opportunity to.

Professionally I have spent the past 13 years working on various IT Helpdesks for a State University, a non-profit Education Collaborative, and two larger corporate environments. Each came with its own challenges and lessons learned surrounding collaboration between various departments, learning new systems and skills on the fly, and meeting people where they are at in terms of knowledge and experience. At my current company I am a member of several DE&I groups and initiatives include the PRIDE Business Resource Group and the Neurodiversity&Allies group. Recreationally (outside of LARP) I am an avid participant in several Theater communities, both on the performing side and on the production side. Closer to home I am a perpetual DM/GM for a variety of TTRPGs, a lover of reading and writing fiction, and a budding craft hobbyist.

As a member of the board, I would like to help foster an environment where players, staffers, and administrators can feel safe, comfortable, and supported in their community roles. We have all seen the very real magic that these games of make believe can create, and I strongly believe that it is something worth protecting and nurturing.

I will unfortunately be missing the upcoming WW summer event, but am available on Facebook, Slack, and Discord, and can be emailed at steven.d.grab@gmail.com if anyone would like to reach out about anything I’ve said here, or any other questions related to my candidacy. I am thankful to be given this opportunity to run for board, and I look forward to playing pretend with all of you for many years to come.

2 Likes