Fall 2021 Food

Hi everybody,

I wanted to say a little bit about how we plan to serve food in a COVID-cautious manner.

Food will be served outdoors under a serving tent. It will be served by the cooks and NOT self-serve as we have usually done. Our cooks will wear N95 masks while in the kitchen and while serving.

There will be self-serve grab-and-go snacks available. These will be pre-wrapped in individual servings.

We do plan to use communal dishes, as the camp’s dishwashing system includes a bleach sanitizer. (You may, of course, bring your own dishes to eat from if you prefer.)

To help with food, we’re looking for the following additional donations:

1. 50x disposable N95 masks
  2. 2 or 3 of these electric chafing trays: Amazon.com: Elite Gourmet Elite Platinum EWM-6171 Maxi-Matic 7.5 Quart Triple Buffet Server Food Warmer Temperature Control, Clear Slotted Lids, Perfect for Parties, Entertaining & Holidays, Stainless Steel: Chafing Dishes: Home & Kitchen

The Aldenbergs have volunteered to organize and cook the meals, but they will need some help. We would like to get the volunteer schedule ready ahead of time, since we don’t want random people popping in and out of the kitchen this Fall. We’ll ask for volunteers soon, once we know exactly how many are needed, (We’ll definitely need 2 people to help with dishes after each of the 4 meals.)

2 Likes

I’ll grab both of these :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Usually there is a kettle or access to hot water. Will that be the case or should I bring my own?

I literally have a Thousand masks. I used to work for a medical supply company and was able to stock up for the foreseeable future…I Will be happy to donate as much as you need

1 Like

I can help out in the mornings before breakfast when the sign up sheets go up